Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Home 1 day and in the hospital the next!!

Home and doing fine now but on Saturday coming home I started to feel bad. Same time last month I was having alot of pain, called to get an appointment with my female doctor because I thought it was female related, they could not get me in for 3 weeks, dealt with the pain it was gone in about 3 days. So Saturday and all Sunday I started drinking lots of water and cranberry juice thinking it might be a bladder infection. Got to work on Monday and the pain was getting so bad I was in tears and feeling like I had to pee ALL the time. Again, called doctor, one week til I could get in, someone told me of a walk in clinic decided to go that route,they didn't come in til noon, by then I was really crying, thank goodness the receptionist felt bad and had me see a nurse, took a urine test and ask alot of question. One of the doctors there said he would see me, bless his heart, I cannot tell you how thankful I was to him. Anyway he thought I might have a kidney stone, went had a CT, he asked they I come back over to see him. Said the stone was VERY large 6mm I guess was large for a stone, wanted to check me into the hospital right then. Thank goodness they had given me a shot for the pain!!!! So now I am on nothing but liquids til midnight, didn't eat breakfast, and at midnight the liquids stopped, xray at 6am surgery at 1:00pm which means I didn't eat for 45hrs!!!! The woman in the next bed had emergency surgery at midnight so let's say I got about 3 hours of sleep that night. I have to say I was a little scared at first, the doctor doing the suregery actually goes to my church and does these procedure over in Haiti once a year at no charge, was wonderful and even came in to say a prayer with me before the surgery since I was a little worried. He had told me earlier they may have to put a stint in, well as you know my grandmother passed away about 2 months ago while having stints put in, so I was a little worried. Well, the stone was removed with no stint needed, doctor said it was lodged in there pretty good, Jeff said it looked like a bone grinded with little spikes everywhere, that's why I was in so much PAIN!!! Just glad to be home, in little pain still, took my vicodin and headed to take a nap now, boy that stuff is strong and I only took one. I still have another stone in my right kidney only 1mm though, said I might think of a procedure where you sit in a bath like where there sounds waves break it down?? Doctor said other stone was too large for that process, anyway so very thankful this did not happen in Florida!!! Ready to get back to normal. Jeff has been amazing, thank you honey and the boys both stepped up to help with Lily so much, she came to see mommy, pretty wild so she didn't get to stay too long kept trying to jump on my belly. So sweet before she left she said, "by mommy now lay down" LOL


6DaysWeek said...

Ouch! You poor thing. I had my first kidney stone 12 years ago after Jacob was born and steadily ever since. They certainly aren't any fun. BTW the lithotripsy you mentioned (in the bath of water) isn't bad at all.
Take care of yourself,

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Oh no! I hope you are recovering quickly!

Gina (Caleeo) said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry that you had to go through all of this. Big big hugs and lots and lots of good thoughts for you. But, I guess this explains some of the discomfort you had been experiencing??? I certainly hope so. Hope you are doing well. Love ya, Gina

The Wrights said...

Oh Amy!
Sorry to hear that you had all those problems!
Good thing they got you in as quickly as they did!
Sending prayers for a quick recovery!

Maddys Mom said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that Amy! I hope you are feeling better.

Praying for you to get back on your feet soon.

Candi said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry...glad you are feeling better now though! Big hugs to you and take care of yourself :) Love ya, Candi

Louanne said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that you were suffering so much, but I am very happy that they were able to take care of it for you.

I hope you get well soon!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh my goodness! I hope you are well over this. I can't believe your doctors kept putting you off like poor thing!


日月神教-任我行 said...